With hydropower being the single largest source of renewable electricity globally, it is vital this technology be included in discussions of electricity production, and POWER-GEN International is taking this to heart.
The upcoming event – December 4 to 6 in Orlando, Fla., U.S. – provides multiple opportunities for attendees to learn more about hydroelectricity and the role it plays, from a variety of perspectives.
For those attending POWER-GEN International, below is a primer of the available educational opportunities, so you can plan to attend.
Hydropower Trends and Innovations Track, with three panel discussion sessions on hydro, chaired by Elizabeth Ingram, hydro content manager for Clarion Energy:
- Summit Session 12A – Small Hydro: The Ultimate Distributed Energy
Chuck Kahler with Stantec is chairing this session, with Lee Ward with Rockwell Automation as co-chair and speakers from Canada, Kenya and the U.S.
- Summit Session 12B – The Multiple Uses of Hydro – Reliable Baseload, Flexible Peaking and Clean Energy Storage
Sergio Souza with GE Renewable Energy Hydro is chairing this session, with Brian Murtha with Black & Veatch as co-chair and speakers representing Voith Hydro, Southern Company and Young Energy Services
- Summit Session 12C – How Climate Change Can Affect Development and Operations
Alberto Ferrer with Mott MacDonald is chairing this session, with Megan Nesbitt with the Electric Power Research Institute as co-chair, rounded out with speakers from Sri Lanka and the U.S.
- Knowledge Hub 13C – Small Hydro: Decentralizing Power Generation Before It Was Cool
Yannick Labonte, head of small hydro, North America with Voith Hydro Inc., will be presenting. Gary Sutherland, relationship manager, business development group with Hydro-Quebec, will be chairing.
- Knowledge Hub 14A – America’s Original Energy Storage Technology – A New Look
Jeffrey Leahey, deputy executive director of the National Hydropower Association, will be presenting.
Other offerings at POWER-GEN International where hydro will be part of the discussion include:
- POWER-Gen University 302 – Asia Pacific Power Generation Market – Strategic Review & Forecast – 2018
- POWER-GEN University 303 – Energy Storage Fundamentals
Click here for more about the event or to register.