The International Hydropower Association has announced results of its election of IHA board members who will serve to October 2017.
The elected candidates are as follows:
- Ken Adams, Canada — senior vice president, power supply, Manitoba Hydro
- Colin Clark, Canada — chief technical officer, Brookfield Renewable Energy Group
- Yvan Cliche, Canada — public and governmental affairs, Hydro Quebec
- Gil Maranhà£o Neto, Brazil — director of business development, GDF Suez Energy Brazil/Tractebel Energia S.A.
- Jose Maria Sanchez Tilleria, Paraguay/Brazil — technical director, Itaipu Binacional
- Antoine Badinier, France — deputy vice president, EDF Hydropower Generation and Engineering Division
- Tron Engebrethsen, Norway — senior vice president, International Hydro, Statkraft
- Roland Mà¼nch, Germany — president and chief executive officer, Voith Hydro Holding GmbH & Co. KG
- Wolfgang Semper, Austria — senior vice president, Andritz Hydro
- à“li Grétar Blà¶ndal Sveinsson, Iceland — executive vice president of research and development at Landsvirkjun
- Segomoco Scheppers, South Africa — senior general manager, ESKOM
West and Central Asia
- Awadh Giri, India — chief executive officer, Hindustan Electric Power Ltd.
- Rasim Khaziakhmetov, Russia — director of technology policy, RusHydro
East Asia and Pacific
- Roy Adair, Australia — chairman and managing director, Sustainable Energy Services PTY Ltd.
- Tammy Chu, Australia — managing director, Entura
- Roger Gill, Australia — managing director and principal consultant, Hydro Focus Pty Ltd.
- Lin Chuxue, China — executive vice president, China Three Gorges Corp.
- Torstein Dale Sjà¸tveit, Malaysia — chief executive officer, Sarawak Energy Berhad
The first meeting of the new board will take place in London, Sept. 21-23, where the new board members will appoint the president and vice presidents, and confirm the strategy and priorities for the association for the next two years.