The Ontario Waterpower Association has announced its Board Executives and Directors for 2015-16.
Included on the board are:
- Chair — Valerie Helbronner, Partner, Torys LLP
- Vice Chair — Maria Mazza, Vice President – Strategy and Business Support, Hydro-Thermal Operations, Ontario Power Generation
- Vice Chair — Bob Allen, President, Shaman Power Corporation
- Treasurer — Paul Young, Director of Generation Operations, Orillia Power Generation
- Secretary — David Boileau, President, Windeau Investments inc.
- Director — Stephen Somerville, Vice President – Business Development & Acquisitions, H2O Power LP
- Director — Karen McGhee, President, McGhee Krizsan Engineering Ltd.
- Director — Frank Perri, General Manager, St. Catharines Hydro Generation Inc.
The Ontario-based industry advocate announced a collaboration with Parks Canada this past March. The framework is expected to foster new infrastructure investment and support the long-term sustainability of the province’s Trent-Severn Waterway and Rideau Canal.
OWA also released a pair of new best management practices (BMPs) for hydroelectric power development that were developed in partnership with Ducks Unlimited Canada and the Canadian Wildlife Service.
For more news from Canada, visit here.