Pakistan’s Water and Power Development Authority (WAPDA) has extended the deadline for expressions of interest from consultants to provide design, construction supervision, and contract administration for the 4,500-MW Basha hydroelectric project on Pakistan’s Indus River. Responses now are due January 31, 2009.
WAPDA’s previous deadline was December 31 for construction supervision of Basha, also called Diamer Basha. (HNN 11/27/08)
The solicitation seeks consultants registered with the Pakistan Engineering Council. At least 30 percent of key personnel should be Pakistani consultants.
Pre-qualification documents may be obtained from the address below for 2,000 rupees (US$25.50) from the office of Chief Engineer (Technical Services), WAPDA, Block C, Sunny View, Kashmir Road, Lahore, Pakistan; (92) 42-9203771; Fax: (92) 42-9204164. WAPDA plans to seek bids from a short list of pre-qualified consultants.
Applications for pre-qualification are due by 1 p.m. January 31 to the address below. For information, contact General Manager (Technical Services), WAPDA, 707 WAPDA House, Lahore, Pakistan; (92) 42-9202593 ext. 2741; Fax: (92) 42-9203467; E-mail: email@example.com; Internet: www.wapda.gov.pk.
Eleven construction, equipment competitors named
WAPDA also announced a list of 11 firms or joint ventures that submitted applications for pre-qualification to build or equip the Basha project.
After six deadline extensions, WAPDA took applications for pre-qualification by November 27 from firms for:
o Lot 1, Civil Works: Concrete dam and related structures including diversion tunnels and permanent access bridge;
o Lot 2, Civil Works: Underground works and related structures (left and right bank);
o Lot 3, Hydro-mechanical Works: Hydro-mechanical equipment and steel structures equipment.
WAPDA identified participating ventures and the lots in which they expressed interest:
1. ATB Riva Calzoni SpA Italia; Italtec Energy (Pvt.) Ltd., Islamabad, Lot 3;
2. China National Machinery &Equipment, Lot 3;
3. Sinohydro-FWO; Sinohydro Corp. Ltd., Frontier Works Organization, National Logistics Cell, Lots 1, 2, 3;
4. Turk-Pak J.V.; Ozaltin, NTF, Ozkar, KZM (Zaheer Khan &Muhammad Ayub), Turcon Pvt. Ltd., Lots 1, 2;
5. Matracon Pakistan J.V.; Xinjiang Beixin Construction &Engineering Group Co. Ltd., Matracon Pakistan (Pvt.) Ltd., Lots 1, 2;
6. Sino-Pak Joint Venture; China Gezhouba Group Co. Ltd., Habib Rafiq, Lots 1, 2, 3;
7. IMPSA (Malaysia), Lot 3;
8. Chian Liaoning-KRC Basha Dam Consortium; China Liaoning, Khalid Rauf &Co. Pvt. Ltd., Lot 1;
9. NAC Consortium; NAC Far East Sind Bhd., Bina-puri Holding Bhd., Lots 1, 2, 3;
10. Usmani Associates, Islamabad, Lots 1, 2;
11. Blackwood Group SA/IECSA, Lots 1, 2, 3.
Basha includes a 272-meter-tall roller-compacted-concrete dam, two diversion tunnels, two underground powerhouses of 2,250 MW each, a permanent access bridge, and hydro-mechanical and steel structural equipment.