U.S. Society on Dams
To be the nation’s leading organization of professionals dedicated to advancing the role of dams for the benefit of society.
USSD is dedicated to:
– Advancing the knowledge of dam engineering, construction, planning, operation, performance, rehabilitation, decommissioning, maintenance, security and safety;
– Fostering dam technology for socially, environmentally and financially sustainable water resources systems;
– Providing public awareness of the role of dams in the management of the nation’s water resources;
– Enhancing practices to meet current and future challenges on dams; and
– Representing the United States as an active member of the International Commission on Large Dams (ICOLD).