Digitalization is an important frontier for hydropower, and our June session in our ongoing HYDRO+ free monthly virtual training program will feature case studies and insights from several experts.
Hydro Review and HYDROVISION International are hosting this HYDRO+ webcast.
The session scheduled for June is:
Market Trends: Digitalization Case Studies for Hydropower, June 17, 9 am CST
Digitalization of hydropower assets is an important frontier for this industry, and one that many utilities already are embracing, particularly in Europe. During this session, three experts will cover various aspects of the digitalization journey, including:
- How retrofitting projects with digital components can improve annual generation by 1% and reduce costs
- The “human factor” role in the development and deployment of digital solutions to support plant operations and maintenance
- Digitalization initiatives at Enel, an Italian utility with 1,500 hydro units in 12 countries
The expert speakers for this session are:
- Moderator Bill Collins, Project Development Manager, Sacramento Municipal Utility District
- Alessandro Benanti, Head of Maintenance and Plant Risk Analysis, Enel
- Etienne Parkinson, Operation and Maintenance Product Manager, Andritz Hydro
- Emanuele Quaranta, Scientist, DG Joint Research Centre, European Commission
The HYDRO+ monthly series of virtual events brings together the hydro community through live content, match-making, networking and an engaging virtual experience for those looking for perspective and discussion on current and future issues affecting the hydroelectric power and dams markets.
Click here to register for the June HYDRO+ session. Once registered (or if you registered previously), view the Event Agenda. To add this session to your personal schedule and receive reminders before it begins, select the calendar icon and click “Add To My Schedule.”
In addition, all of the dozens of previously recorded HYDRO+ training sessions are available on demand, to be watched any time. So if this session doesn’t fit your training needs, there are plenty of others that do.