Albania’s Ministry of Agriculture, Rural Development and Water Administration seeks bids for civil construction to rehabilitate and modernize 11 dams in Albania’s Drin-Buna and Semani river basins. Bids are due September 9.
The ministry recruited consultants in June to supervise rehabilitation and modernization of the 11 dams, located in Kukes, Berat, Fier, Korca and Murriz Thana. The government took responses last year in a similar solicitation for work on the 11 dams and three others.
Albania has received 31 million euros (US$42 million) in financing from the World Bank for the Water Resources and Irrigation Project, which it plans to use for supervisory services for dam rehabilitation.
The ministry now seeks bids to rehabilitate and modernize the 11 dams:
- Vranishti 2 (or Vranisht 2), installation of gravel berm for stability;
- Tregtani 2 (or Tregtan 2), reconstruction of spillway and install parapet wall;
- Tregtani 3 (or Tregtan 3), reprofile downstream face including berm and stone and gravel protection;
- Murriz Thana, significant reprofiling, installation of stone berm, reconstruction of outlet;
- Kurjan, reprofile, berm installation;
- Strumi, reprofile, berm installation;
- Zharreza (or Zharrez), reprofile downstream, reconstruct spillway;
- Belesova, reprofile downstream, reconstruct spillway
- Duhanasi (or Duhanas), reprofile downstream, reconstruct spillway;
- Leminoti, reprofile downstream and spillway
- Koshnica, rebuild dam at lower crest level.
Bidding documents in English may be obtained from the address below for 5,000 lek (US$48) by direct deposit to Account holder PROJEKTI I BURIMEVE UJORE DHE UJITJES MBUMK, BLV DESHMORET E KOMBIT NR.2. 01101 TIRANE, BANKA CREDINS, SWIFT: CDISALTRXXX, Account No. 00000558388, IBAN AL14212110160000000000558388.
Bids are due by noon September 9 to the address below. For information, contact Ministry of Agriculture, Rural Development and Water Administration, Blv. Deshmoret e Kombit No. 2, Attn.: Head of Contracting Authority Vojo Bregu, Project Manager Ilirjan Lame, Tirana, Albania; Tel/Fax: (355) 4-2226243; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; Internet: www.bujqesia.gov.al.