Albania’s Korporata Elektroenergjetike Shqiptare (KESH) seeks dam safety studies for the Drin River cascade of hydroelectric projects as well as spillway gates and stoplogs rehabilitation for the 500-MW Fierza, 600-MW Komani, and the 250-MW Vau i Dejes projects on the Drin. Responses are due October 4 and November 18.
KESH, the Albanian power corporation, recruited consultants in April to develop a dam safety program and emergency preparedness plans for Fierza (also called Fierze), Komani, and Vau i Dejes.
The utility now invites expressions of interest by October 4 from consultants to perform a pre-feasibility study to analyze alternatives for safe passage of design floods of the Drin cascade by either addition of spillways or alternative means such as dams on tributaries or reservoir tapping. Consultants also would recommend and prepare a feasibility study of a selected alternative and prepare tender design and technical specifications. The work would be performed from January 2014 to June 2015.
Under a future assessment, the consultants might be involved in preparation of bidding documents and project supervision.
Expressions of interest are due, in person, by mail, fax, or e-mail, to the address below by October 4.
Albania again seeks gates, stoplogs to rehabilitate three projects
KESH also seeks bids by November 18 to supply and install spillway gates and stoplogs as part of the rehabilitation of the Fierza, Komani, and Vau i Dejes hydroelectric projects. A site visit is scheduled October 7-11 followed by a pre-bid meeting.
The Albanian power corporation previously called for bids for the gate and stoplog work on the three projects in 2011 and again for Fierza and Komani in 2012. KESH also pre-qualified firms for dam safety civil works at Komani in May and June.
KESH now seeks design, manufacturing, testing, installation, and commissioning for one or both of two lots:
- Fierza Spillway Tower 3, spillway gate structure and winches, stoplog structure and winches;
- Fierza Spillway Tower 4, spillway gate structure and winches, stoplog structure and winches;
- Fierza Spillways, power supply, control, and monitoring;
- Komani Spillway Tunnel 3, spillway gate structure and servomotor, stoplog structure and winches;
- Komani Spillway Tunnel 4, spillway gate structure and servomotor, stoplog structure and winches;
- Komani Spillways, power supply, control, and monitoring;
- Vau i Dejes Zadea Spillway, gates structure and winches, stoplog structure and lifting mechanism;
- Vau i Dejes Qyrsaq Spillway, construction of stoplog support structure, stoplog and winches, gate structure and winches;
- Vau i Dejes Zadea Spillways, power supply;
- Vau i Dejes Qyrsaq Spillways, power supply;
- Vau i Dejes, control and monitoring.
A site visit is scheduled October 7-11 followed by a pre-bid meeting. Tender documents may be obtained from the address below for 250 euros (US$334) or a convertible currency by direct deposit to Raiffeisen Bank, Tirana, Albania, Account No. 800 300 4407, IBAN AL50 2021 1013 0000 0080 0300 4407 SWIFT SGSBALTX Account Name: KESH/Projekti i Ristrukturimit te Sektorit Energjetik.
Bids are due to the address below by noon November 18.
For information, contact Project Director Marialis Celo, Korporata Elektroenergjetike Shqiptare, KESH, Blloku Vasil Shanto, Tirana, Albania; Tel/Fax: (355) 4-2262148; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com; Internet: www.kesh.com.al.