PennWell Publishing is pleased to announce the availability of a book titled, Hydro Plant Electrical Systems, that provides a comprehensive guide for power equipment and control systems.
Authored by David M. Clemen, the 194-page book is filled with checklists and references intended for use both engineers and operations and maintenance personnel.
Topics covered in the book include:
- Hydroelectric generator basics;
- Testing generators before commissioning;
- Scheduled inspection outages for hydroelectric generators;
- Transformers at hydroelectric plants;
- Factory and field testing of liquid-immersed transformers;
- Inspection and maintenance testing of liquid-immersed transformers;
- International test standards for transformers;
- Dry transformers at hydroelectric plants;
- Controls and protective relaying;
- Testing unit control switchboards in the factory and field;
- Surge protection;
- Batteries at hydropower plants;
- Uninterruptible power supply systems;
- Bus systems;
- Low-voltage switchgear for hydropower plants; and
- Start-up and commissioning of a hydroelectric project.
The book is available for purchase at PennWellBooks.com here.