Abstracts are now being accepted for the 5th annual Marine Energy Technology Symposium (METS), which takes place May 1-3 at the Capital Hilton Hotel in Washington, D.C.
METS is held during the National Hydropower Association’s Waterpower Week in Washington, which includes NHA’s Annual Conference and the International Marine Renewable Energy Conference.
The 2017 METS organizing committee is seeking:
- For an oral presentation, a 3-4 page extended abstract by Jan. 10
- For a poster, a 300-word abstract by Feb. 15
Specific areas of interest are:
- Economic assessments
- Identification, monitoring and mitigation of environmental effects
- Societal research and policy developments related to marine energy
- Technical research, development and demonstration of systems and components through simulation, laboratory experiments and field testing
- Assessment and characterization of resources through simulation and field measurements
The committee will review abstracts and authors will receive acceptance notifications by March 1.
Click here for more information on Waterpower Week in Washington.