A stator winding maintenance workshop. A 5K fun run. Meetings of multiple organizations affiliated with the hydroelectric power industry. Research updates and findings. These and many more co-located events are being offered “under one roof” with HydroVision International 2014 in Nashville.
The conference portion of HydroVision International takes place Wednesday through Friday, July 23 to 25. But there are a variety of meetings, workshops and seminars scheduled for Monday and Tuesday, July 21 and 22 to help attendees make the best use of their travel dollars and their time in the city.
For example, on Tuesday, July 22, Iris Power is presenting the Hydrogenerator Stator Winding Maintenance course. This course is intended to provide plant and engineering personnel with the important design features of hydrogenerator rotor and stator windings that can affect maintenance and winding life.
VibroSystM is also offering its Machine Condition Monitoring Course, which is a two-day workshop that takes place July 21-22. The course will address various monitoring issues based on experience gained through VibroSystM’s 25 years in the field, showing utilities how to avoid forced outages and to better manage and maintain their assets.
Other workshops and courses being offered include
- Hydroelectric Thrust and Guide Bearing Workshop organized by Pioneer Motor Bearing Co. on Monday, July 21;
- EPRI Water Power Research Program Review — R&D Status and Needs on Tuesday, July 22;
- Hydro Research Foundation — Fellows Research Updates and Findings on Tuesday, July 22; and
- Waterpower Hydro Basics Course, organized by the Hydro Training Institute, on Monday, July 21, and Tuesday, July 22.
A unique offering this year is the Turbine Runner 5K organized by the Hydro Research Foundation. This race, on Wednesday, July 23, supports the Hydro Research Foundation programs to promote hydropower education and research. Registration includes prizes for top finishers, race bib, water and turbine running good times. Click here to learn more or to register.
Finally, several organizations hold meetings in conjunction with HydroVision International. Meetings being held on Monday and Tuesday in 2014 include:
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers’ Hydro Power Technical Committee 2014 Annual Meeting;
- Hydro Research Foundation Board of Directors Meeting;
- National Hydropower Association Board of Directors Meeting and Town Hall Meeting;
- IEEE, the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Power Engineering Society Hydropower Sub-Committee Meeting;
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers’ Hydropower Community of Practice Meeting; and
- International Electrotechnical Commission Technical Committee 4 U.S. Technical Advisory Group Meeting.
Join us in Nashville next month for all of these great offerings, as well as an unsurpassed educational program.