Whenever I talk to people in the hydro, dams and marine energy industries about HydroVision International, I first bring up the 60 conference sessions over 13 tracks and the more than 300 speakers. After all, an important part of any event is what you can learn from attending it.
But, I always tell people that HydroVision International is fun. And it is. Hydro professionals love to meet face to face and share information and make connections. The person you just met that morning quickly becomes the friend you look for year after year when you attend. And we have a whole host of networking activities that give you ample opportunity to reconnect with those friends from previous years.
But this year’s HydroVision might be even more fun than ever before, and not just because of its location in Charlotte, N.C., U.S., the Queen City and home of NASCAR. This event has plenty of fun, innovative activities and offerings associated with it.
See the great list below:
- Virtual reality experience on the exhibit floor at GE’s innovation station (GE will make a donation to the Queen City STEM school for every attendee who visits the station)
- Free hunters’ cooler from Koontz Electric Company
- Snap your best photo with the big red ABB letters in the lobby, tag it with #bestdamphotoop, share it on social media for a chance to win prizes
- Krispy Kreme donuts from American Governor (Charlotte is the headquarters for Krispy Kreme)
- Energy break with a re-energizing drink at Toshiba’s booth
- Wing tasting at Hydro Component Systems’ booth featuring Hydro Howard’s BBQ sauce
- Harley-Davidson motorcycle giveaway at the PennWell booth, Thursday, June 28, 2:30 pm
- Win a Bahamas vacation from Lignum-Vitae, winner to be announced Thursday, June 28, during the Checkered Flag Networking Party
- Wall of Honor display recognizing military service personnel
If you haven’t registered, there’s still time. Just click here today.