With hydroelectric power being regarded as an attractive primary option for renewable energy developers around the world, a group of international experts from around the world are meeting in Denver, Colo., for an important discussion on project development.
The panel will exchange views on best practices and proven methodologies for project prospecting and assessment, identifying actual costs, and negotiating third-party agreements and contracts such as accommodation, interconnection, power purchase agreements and construction.
Included on the expert panel are:
- Christopher Ball, Executive Vice President, Corpfinance International Ltd., President, CFI Capital, Canada
- Richard Blanchet, Senior Vice President — Western Region, Innergex Renewable Energy, Inc., Canada
- Daniele Boscolo Meneguolo, CEO, Sorgent.e, Italy
- Ben Kaun, Senior Project Engineer, Power Delivery & Utilization, Electric Power Research Institute, United States
- Dan Woznow, Divisional VP Asset Manager — Power, AltaGas Ltd., Canada
The discussion, called “Development of a Successful Hydro Project”, is included as part of HydroVision International 2013’s New Development Track.
“Knowing the best way to approach hydro project development is more important now than ever before,” said Marla Barnes, event director and publisher of PennWell’s Hydro Group. “And the panel assembling a HydroVision International represents a field of industry professionals from around the globe who are doing it.”
The two-hour session begins at 1:30 p.m. on Wednesday, July 24, and is one of 73 being offered in HydroVision International 2013’s educational slate that includes seven program tracks, three technical paper tracks and poster gallery.
HydroVision International 2013 is the world’s largest event dedicated entirely to the hydropower industry. This year’s conference and exhibition runs July 23-26 at Denver’s Colorado Convention Center.
For more information, or to register as an attendee, visit HydroEvent.com.