The International Hydropower Association will feature a number of high-level executives, heads of organizations and other important decision makers at its 2013 World Congress.
The biennial event runs May 21-24, 2013, in Sarawak, Malaysia, and includes four days of interactive sessions and discussions designed not only to be informative, IHA said, but to test current strategies and stimulate future thinking.
Already confirmed for participation at the IHA World Congress are:
- H.E. Ane Hansdatter Kismul, State Secretary, Ministry of Petroleum and Energy, Norway;
- H.E. Viraphonh Viravong Vice Minister of Energy, Lao P.D.R;
- H.E. Yamfwa Mukanga, Minister of Mines, Energy and Water Development, Zambia;
- Tan Sri Rastam Mohd Isa Advisor, Chief Minister’s Department, Malaysia;
- Waqar Ahmad Khan, CEO Star Hydro Power Limited, Pakistan;
- Roy Adair, CEO, Hydro Tasmania;
- Lin Chuxue, Vice-President, China Three Gorges;
- Colin Clark, Chief Technical Officer, Brookfield;
- Samir Kumar Singh, Environmental Specialist, IFC;
- Arun Sen, CEO, Lanco Power International;
- Torstein Sjotveit, CEO, Sarawak Energy;
- Christian Rynnig-Tonnesen, CEO, Statkraft;
- Christine Lins, Executive Secretary, REN21;
- Herman Darnel Ibrahim, Board Member, National Energy Council, Indonesia;
- Henry Chan, Head of Conservation for Sarawak’s Programme, WWF Malaysia;
- Fredolin Tangang, Vice-Chair, International Panel on Climate Change Working Group I.
- Yan Zhiyong, Vice Chairman, PowerChina;
- Wolfgang Semper, Chairman, Hydro Equipment Association;
- Jean-Michel Devernay, Chief Technical Specialist, Hydropower, the World Bank;
- Hans Guttman, CEO, Mekong River Commission Secretariat;
- David Harrison, Senior Advisor, the Nature Conservancy;
- Ed. Wojczinski, Chair, Canadian Hydropower Association;
- Xavier Ursat, Deputy Director Hydropower Division, EDF;
- Judith Plummer, University of Cambridge;
- Jeremy Bird, Director General, International Water Management Institute
- Jian-Hua Meng, Water Security Lead, WWF International
- Cecilia Torjada, President, Third World Center for Water Management
The World Congress will provide opportunities to network and discuss solutions for sustainable hydropower development, IHA said, throughout the event’s scheduled programs.
For more information about the IHA World Congress, visit the organization’s webpage at IHACongress.org.