LONDON, England 9/14/11 (PennWell) — The International Hydropower Association (IHA) elected a new board of directors September 9, with 85 percent voting member participation.
IHA reported 1,084 votes were cast out of a possible 1,262, naming board members to two-year terms.
The successful candidates are:
- Dr. Refaat Abdel-Malek
- Roy Adair – Chief Executive Officer, Hydro Tasmania
- Ken Adams – Senior Vice President, Power Supply, Manitoba Hydro
- Colin Clark – Chief Technical Officer, Power and Utilities Group, Brookfield Asset Management Inc.
- Jean-Michel Devernay – Deputy Managing Director, EDF Hydro Engineering Centre
- Roger Gill – Managing Director & Principal Consultant, Hydro Focus Pty Ltd.
- Dr. Dominik Godde
- Rasim Khaziakhmetov – Director of Technology Policy, RusHydro
- Chuxue Lin – Vice President, China Three Gorges Project Corp.
- Gil Maranhao Neto – Director of Business Development, International Power, GDF Suez Energy
- Dr. Terry Moss – General Manager, Generation Learning Facility, Eskom Holdings Pty Ltd.
- Dr. Roland Muench – President & Chief Executive Officer, Voith Hydro Holding GmbH & Co. KG
- Mario Lucio Ozelame – Assistant to the Executive Technical Director, Itaipu Binacional
- Israel Phiri – Manager, OPPPI, Ministry of Water and Energy Development, Zambia
- Martine Provost – Manager Government Authorizations, Hydro-Quebec
- Karin Seelos – Vice President for International Affairs, Power Generation Division, Statkraft
- Torstein Dale Sjotveit – Chief Executive Officer, Sarawak Energy Berhad
- A.B.L. Srivastava – Chairman and Managing Director, NHPC Ltd.
The first meeting of the new board is scheduled October 20-21 in the United Kingdom, where the board is to set strategies and priorities for the next two years.
IHA launched the Hydropower Sustainability Assessment Protocol, a comprehensive tool to assess the sustainability of hydropower projects globally, at the IHA 2011 World Congress on Advancing Sustainable Hydropower in June in Brazil.