The multi-nation Senegal River management agency invites expressions of interest from consultants to study the impact of its program of integrated management of Senegal Basin water resources. Responses are due April 7.
The Organisation pour la Mise en Valeur du Fleuve Senegal (OMVS) includes Senegal, Guinea, Mali, and Mauritania. The World Bank last year used the hydropower-rich Senegal River Basin as an example of the benefits of international cooperation on transboundary rivers.
Under its program of integrated management of Senegal Basin water resources, Projet de Gestion Integree des Ressources en Eau et de Developpement des Usages a Buts Multiples dans le Bassin du Fleuve Senegal (PGIRE 2), OMVS recruited consultants in December to serve on an expert panel on dam safety monitoring and environmental and social management in the Senegal Basin.
OMVS recruited consultants in 2012 to study development of a communication and supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) system and to evaluate options for hydroelectric development and water resources, and took bids to manage the 250-MW Manantali and 63-MW Felou hydroelectric projects in Mali.
The agency now seeks expressions of interest from consultants to assess the implementation of the first phase of PGIRE itself in accordance with specified indicators and targets. The consultant also is to formulate guidelines that can inform the second phase of PGIRE on the basis of lessons learned.
Expressions of interest, in French, are due by 3 p.m. April 7 by delivery, mail, fax or e-mail to the first address below. For information, contact:
- Haut Commissariat de l’OMVS, Rocade Fann Bel Air Cerf Volant, BP 3152, Bureau du Courrier, 3eme Etage, Dakar, Senegal; (221) 33-8598181; Fax: (221) 33-8640163; E-mail: email@example.com;
- Cellule Nationale OMVS du Senegal a Dakar, BP 4021 VDN pres AFRICATEL AVS, Dakar, Senegal; Tel/Fax: (221) 33-8642796; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Cellule Nationale OMVS de Guinee a Conakry, Immeuble Dunuya Voyages-Pres Mosquee Senegalaise, Conakry, Guinea;
- Cellule Nationale OMVS de Mauritanie a Nouakchott, BP 355, Nouakchott, Mauritania; (222) 5258442; E-mail: email@example.com;
- Cellule Nationale OMVS du Mali a Bamako, BP E 2618, Zone Industrielle, Bamako, Mali; (223) 20210574; Fax: (223) 2216281; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.