The Colorado Small Hydro Association will be holding its annual conference in conjunction with the world’s largest event dedicated entirely to the hydropower industry, COSHA has announced.
The conference — co-located this year at HydroVision International 2013 in Denver — takes place July 23 and features a full day of panel discussions and opportunities to learn about the small hydroelectric sector in Colorado and the surrounding region.
Scheduled sessions and speakers include:
- Kurt Johnson, Telluride Energy
- Jeff Leahey, National Hydropower Association
- Karl Kumli, State Policy Discussion
Colorado Statewide Studites
- Lindsay George, Applegate Group
- Tom Hunt, Colorado Energy Office
- Brian Campbell, Colorado State University
- Brennan Smith, Oak Ridge National Laboratory
Operation and Maintenance of Existing Plants
- Bill Hudson, General Electric
- Max Schmidt, Grand Valley Power Plant
- Chris Thompson, Colorado Springs Utilities
- John Cowdrey, Boulder and Denver Hydro Plants
Financing Small Hydro in Colorado
- John Knight, Energy Insurance & Bonds
- Anna Mauss, Colorado Water Conservation Board
- Ryan Shipley, Colorado Water Resources and Power Development Authority
- Eric Jacobson, Hydrowest
- Mike Berry, Tri-County Water Hydro
- Jim Heneghan, South Canal Hydro
- Dave Hornbacher, Aspen Utilities
- Ken Gardner, Gardner Engineering
- George Wenschhof, Meeker Hydro
- Vicki Spencer, Taylor Park Hydro
Colorado Department of Agriculture Commissioner John Salazar will deliver the conference’s keynote address.
Registration for the COSHA annual conference also includes admission to the HydroVision International 2013 opening reception and keynote session, which will feature a roundtable discussion with some of the industry’s top executives and advocates.
For more information about the Colorado Small Hydro Association’s Annual Conference, visit COSHA’s website here.
HydroVision International 2013 takes place July 23-26 at Denver’s Colorado Convention Center. For more information, visit HydroEvent.com.